Saturday, November 17, 2007

Deep Blue Sea



Deep Blue Sea is a new release from Big Fish Games. (Whether the game is new or not, I do not know, but it's new at BFG!) Now, before you roll your eyes and say "ugh, not another underwater match-3 game!", try this one out!

I personally am quite tired of matching games, especially underwater ones. There are just so many and most of them are nearly identical! Yes, Deep Blue Sea incorporates a lot of the same elements and game mechanics, but there was something about it that was different. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I actually enjoyed playing the full demo for this game and will purchase the full version!



The graphics are decent, the storyline is quirky and the soundtrack is alright. The gameplay is a snap to learn and the levels that I played were quite easy. I made it about a third of the way through the game within the free trial time. Amazingly, I wanted to keep playing and didn't go straight for the "uninstall" button.

If you're in the mood for a relaxing, graphically appealing match game, definitely give this one a try! If nothing else, it will be an enjoyable 60 minute demo!

Some tips and tricks:
  • Read the text scenes that come up between the levels. They will tell you what shapes to match to earn the power up bonuses - which are very handy!
  • For most levels, you need to collect three special items. Focus solely on those items as the time has a tendency to slip by quickly.
  • Don't forget to visit the shop between levels for more power-ups and helpful items.
  • Don't waste time matching the little black puff looking thingies because they're cute. (Trust me. This method does not lead to great victory)
Download a free demo or purchase Deep Blue Sea here!

I give this game a 7 out of 10! (which is a miracle for a matching game!)



No comments: