Monday, October 15, 2007

Mahjong Roadshow



Mahjong fans have a new reason to celebrate! Antique Roadshow meets Mahjong in this creative tile matching game! A few tweaks to the traditional game make Mahjong Roadshow entertaining, fun and easy to play! End game levels offer a challenge even for expert Mahjong players!

Puzzle your way through a series of yard sales, antique shows and auction houses to amass the best collection of antiques around! Speed auctions in between each location can increase your wealth.

I don't generally play tile matching / mahjong games, but this one caught my attention. I do own it and I find myself playing it at night when I'm in the mood for a more quiet, relaxing game. Replay value is pretty high as the quest to collect expensive antiques is nearly endless!

Some tips and tricks -

  • Use the appraisals often! They can help you get the better antiques and increase your score!
  • When matching tiles in sets of three or more, be careful that you don't leave single tiles that cannot be matched!
  • What worked best for me was to match all of the available tiles and shuffle the board instead of matching larger sets. Even though you can get large cash bonuses for the sets, I almost always ended up with "trapped" tiles! Shuffling the board is expensive, but worth it most of the time!
  • Keep an eye on your collection! You will regularly have to change the items in your collection to ensure that the most costly items are selected!
I give this game a score of 7 (out of a possible 10).

To download a free trial or to purchase this game, please click HERE.

For more help, visit the PlayFirst Mahjong Roadshow forums!

No comments: